Article 1. Definitions
- Customer: A natural or legal person who has contracted MyDissertation to provide services.
- Service(s): All services, including plagiarism checks and proofreading & editing, that MyDissertation carries out as part of an accepted assignment.
- Document(s): All documents provided to MyDissertation by the customer, such as these.
- Assignment: An agreement by which MyDissertation undertakes the provision of certain services to the customer.
- Plagiarism check: A service that entails using the Turnitin database to check a document for plagiarism.
- Proofreading & editing service: A service that entails a document being checked by an editor and MyDissertation.
- Proofreading & editing period: The period that ends with the final time and date by which a document should be checked.
- Editor: A natural or legal person who is engaged by MyDissertation to execute an order that is received from a customer.
Article 2. Applicability
- These terms and conditions apply to any tender, offer, or agreement between MyDissertation and the customer.
- When it appears that one or more of the provisions of these terms and conditions is at any time wholly or partially invalid, the remaining provisions shall remain fully applicable.
- When the interpretation of one or more provisions of these terms and conditions is unclear, an explanation that is “in the spirit” of these provisions shall be applicable. This is also the case when a situation that is not detailed in these terms and conditions arises.
- If MyDissertation is not in strict compliance with these terms and conditions, it does not mean that the provisions are invalid or that MyDissertation loses its right to otherwise demand strict adherence to them.
Article 3. Offer
- An offer contains a complete and accurate description of the services being offered by MyDissertation. The description will be detailed enough that the customer can properly assess it. Mistakes or obvious errors within the offer are not binding for MyDissertation.
Article 4. Agreement
- The contract is concluded when the customer accepts MyDissertation’s offer.
- MyDissertation will confirm receipt of the customer’s acceptance of the offer by electronic means.
Article 5. Modification of the agreement
- If during the execution of the agreement it is revealed that it is necessary to alter or supplement the agreement in order to implement it properly, MyDissertation and the customer will consult and agree to any modifications to the agreement.
- MyDissertation can refuse a request to modify an agreement without being in default of the agreement or omitting anything therefrom.
Article 6. Cancellation of a contract by MyDissertation
- MyDissertation has the right to cancel a contract after it has been concluded.
- MyDissertation has the right to cancel a contract if MyDissertation considers that the document uploaded by the customer does not meet minimum requirements.
- The minimum requirements for a document are as follows:
- The document must be education related.
- For the proofreading & editing service, the quality of the document must be such that an editor can check the document in a standard manner. This assessment of quality is undertaken by MyDissertation. When the basic quality of the document is too low, an editor cannot edit the document following the normal procedure.
- The customer must not appear to be committing fraud.
- When MyDissertation cancels a contract, it will contact the customer as soon as possible.
Article 7. Retention of documents
- If the customer purchases a proofreading & editing service, MyDissertation will store his/her document on its server for up to one year.
- If the customer purchases a Plagiarism check, he/she gives MyDissertation permission to save the document in a protected and private Turnitin database. This database is only accessible by MyDissertation and the documents it contains cannot be viewed by educational institutions. Documents in the protected database within Turnitin are automatically deleted after one month.
- The proofreading & editing service entails a MyDissertation editor receiving the document being checked. Once the editor has finished checking the document, he/she is required to delete it.
Article 8. Review period for a proofreading & editing service
- A proofreading & editing period will be determined when a proofreading & editing service is purchased.
- The assigned editor may decide when the document is checked, so long as he/she delivers the checked document before the deadline.
- MyDissertation will communicate the proofreading & editing period to the customer in advance via e-mail. The proofreading & editing period can also be viewed in the customer area on the website.
- The proofreading & editing period shall begin at the time of payment and end when MyDissertation makes the checked document available to the customer.
- If the editor will not meet the deadline, MyDissertation will inform the customer in a timely manner.
- The customer cannot rely on a timely receipt of his/her checked document when there are technical problems with electronic tools because of which the customers receive the checked document at a later point in time.
The time required to execute a Plagiarism check depends on the level of activity, which MyDissertation is unable to influence.
- The time required to execute a Plagiarism check depends on the level of activity, which MyDissertation is unable to influence.
- The customer may only request a refund of the invoice amount for a Plagiarism check when 24 hours have elapsed since the time of payment and the check has still not been completed. A condition for this is that the customer must request this refund before the results of the Plagiarism check are communicated to him/her. The customer will be notified by email as to the time that the outcome of the Plagiarism check is received.
Article 9. Cancellation instructions
- The customer cannot cancel a Plagiarism check.
- If the customer cancels an order for a proofreading & editing service, he/she is obligated to pay for costs that MyDissertation has reasonably incurred in connection with undertaking the contract.
Article 10. Liability
- If MyDissertation is liable, this liability is limited to what is stated in these provisions.
- MyDissertation is not liable for damages of any kind that are caused by MyDissertation being provided incorrect and/or incomplete information by or on behalf of the customer.
- If MyDissertation is liable for any loss, its liability is limited to only the invoice value of the contract, at least for the portion of the order to which the liability relates.
- MyDissertation is not liable for any damage suffered by the customer in the event that MyDissertation rejects his/her order.
- MyDissertation cannot be held liable for damage to or loss of documents that are stored by MyDissertation or third parties.
- MyDissertation cannot be held liable for consequences and potential damage to the customer in the event that it does not meet a proofreading & editing period deadline.
- MyDissertation cannot be held liable for failing to discover plagiarism when undertaking a Plagiarism check.
- MyDissertation cannot be held liable for consequential damages, including those caused by the customer experiencing delays in or failing his/her academic program or the customer’s document being failed by an academic institution.
- MyDissertation has and reserves the right to undo damage of the customer, if possible and to the extent possible.
Article 11. Changes to the terms and conditions
- MyDissertation reserves the right to amend or supplement these terms and conditions.
Article 12. Applicable laws and dispute settlement
- All disputes will be settled by the competent court in the district where MyDissertation is located.
Starts From $24
to avail this discount signup now